Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Hi Mom - You Made A Friend

Hi mom,
While you were finishing chemo treatment today, I was outside talking with Ethan. An elderly Chinese lady walked up to us and asked if we could help her with a computer problem to sign a document. She told us that she was battling the courts from being evicted from her home and she had to sign this online document but didn't know how. Lucky for her, she was asking the right people to help. So while Ethan accessed the situation to make sure it was safe, I glanced his way to make sure, then told her I'd be more than happy to help. 
I walked with her across the street to the building she lived in which was in bad shape and looked to be in a constant state of disrepair. She navigated to her apartment and opened the door. It was cramped, messy, and had a "unique" order. I sat down at the computer and she showed me the email. I printed the PDF for her and she signed her name.  I then used my phone to take a picture of it and then had to turn that picture back into a PDF file. I then sent that signed PDF to her email from my phone. 
She was very great full for the help. She told me a little more about her situation and her desire to learn more English at the school nearby for immigrants. The whole time I was thinking of you because I knew you would have been telling me that it wasn't just luck she bumped into me but that things happen for a reason. 
Before I left, I asked her to do one thing for me in return. Her eyes quickly focused with shock and curiosity. I told her about your cancer and asked that she keep you in her thoughts. 
A few minutes ago I received this email:
Hi Jordan,

After you left, I have been praying to God as long as I am available.  I Pray:  The name of the Jesus crisis, I pray for Jordan's mother she is very sick now.  Please, help her overcome this crisis.  Amen!

Regard
Joyce Dong

2 comments:

  1. Been praying and will continue to do so for for courage,strength,comfort and healing for Pam and her family in the Lord Jesus Christ's name

    Ephesians 2:4-10 KJV
    But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) [6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: [7] That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

    With much love
    Your nephew
    Vern

    ReplyDelete